Dec. 29, 2020
As an Anchor Bolt Manufacturer, share with you.
The role of flat washers
1. In order to protect the connecting parts from being scratched by the surface, a flat washer is placed at the position of the nut and bolt head to prevent the surface of the connected part from being scratched;
2. When the bolt strength is relatively high and the allowable compressive stress of the connected part is relatively low, in order to reduce the compressive stress of the pressure bearing surface of the connected part, it is generally necessary to add a flat washer;
3. In the bolt connection, the pressure transmission of the bearing surface of the bolt head or nut is gradually enlarged in a trumpet shape. The larger the bearing surface, the smaller the compressive stress. Therefore, the addition of a flat washer can reduce the pressure on the contact surface of the connected part. Stress to ensure the effectiveness of the bolt connection;
4. In some occasions, in order to ensure that the bolt holes between the two connecting pieces can correspond one by one, it is necessary to increase the diameter of the hole to compensate the position deviation of the hole. When the bolt hole exceeds the standard requirement, it is necessary to add a flat washer;
5. Sometimes for the convenience of installation and adjustment, bolt holes will be made into long holes, so that the installation position of the workpiece can be adjusted within a certain range. When long holes are used, thickened flat washers must be used, more specific, or even special washers or Multiple washers.
Rail Rubber Pads
The role of spring washers:
1. When the clamping length of the bolt is relatively short, the bolt stress relaxation is more obvious, and the spring washer can compensate for the stress relaxation.
2. Under dynamic load conditions, high-strength bolted spring washers have almost no anti-loosening effect, and will cause rapid attenuation of bolt clamping force, so it is necessary to reduce the use of spring washers in high-strength bolt connections.
Of course, in some cases, the bolt connection does not need to use washers, the specific conditions are as follows:
1. Shear stress bolt connections generally do not need washers. First of all, the bolts do not need too much pre-tightening force, and do not bear axial force during work. In this case, the bolt holes are generally relatively small, and the bearing surface of the nut or bolt head Generally large, no need to reduce the compressive stress, and the connected parts can withstand;
2.When flange nuts or bolts are used, washers are not needed, and the pressure surface of flange nuts is large enough;
In different situations, the selection of washers according to the actual situation can greatly reduce the wear of bolts.
Our company also has Rail Rubber Pads on sale, please contact us.